Why Own A Soda Fountain System?
A: It can pay for itself in 1 month!
- 30 gallons makes 384 12 oz glasses with ice
- Sell each glass for $1.50 and you'll make $576
- Each box is about $60, so your profit is $516 each box!
- Sell 32 glasses per day for a month (2.5 boxes) for a profit of $1,548!
5-Gallon Bag-in-Box Guide
"How many drinks will I get from one five-gallon box of syrup?"
Although there is not a fixed number, here's an easy way to estimate how many drinks you would get from one 5-gallon BIB.
- Your soda bag holds 5 gallons of syrup.
- There are 128 ounces in 1 gallon. So, there are 640 ounces in 5 gallons.
- Your soda fountain system will mix water and syrup at a 5 to 1 ratio.
- Divide cup size by 6 for number of ounces of syrup used per cup.
Example for 10 oz. cup: 10 ÷ 6 = approximately 1.7
There are approximately 1.7 oz. of syrup used per each 10 oz. cup
- Divide ounces. of syrup used per cup by 640.
Example: 640 ÷ 1.7 = approximately 376
- This is the estimated number of servings per 5 gallon bag in box, not factoring in ice**
**These estimates do not account for the amount of ice in each cup. More ice per cup would require less syrup, thus more servings per box of syrup.
Estimated Servings Based on Cup Size
|Cup Size||Total oz. of syrup used||Total number of servings per 5-gallon BIB**|
|7 oz.||1 to 2||640|
|9 oz.||1 to 2||320 to 640|
|12 oz.||2 to 3||214 to 320|
|24 oz.||4 to 5||128 to 160|
|32 oz.||6 to 7||107 to 128|